Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The Fear of Death

How I wish I would die.
I want to cross the boundaries between life and death. I want to gain the knowledge that dead people have which the alive ones are ignorant of. I want to wander to a place which is widely-known as another dimension. I want to uncover the mystery behind and answer the question "what lies ahead?". But there is one definite consequence regarding death, and that is, there is no turning back. No more second chances to life. A touch- move decision which I would take a risk for the sole reason of enlightenment.
Many are afraid to die but I am one of those few that are not. What I fear is the suffering before totally committing it. I do not like enduring pain at all. If it would be an instant death, I would happily accept. However, maybe, that suffering is a form of punishment and everyone must undergo that stage to repent from all mistakes.--- Before achieving tranquility, one must face a great trial in life.
There are reasons why death is feared by the majority and one is discontentment. People are unsatisfied and yet to achieve their ultimate desires. They cannot afford to leave this world unaccomplished of their activities.
Another is the Embracement to materialism. This attachment to material possessions obstructs liberation from temporality. Next is the Fear of the unknown. Uncertainty of subsequent happening brings unsecuredness.

No comments: